Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: ? about Clintwood-Norton

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    ? about Clintwood-Norton

    I heard that tickets were being accepted at the gate,that 8500 were issued,and have already been purchased. If this is so,it is absurd (move the game to UVA-W if you can't hold the crowd). Is this just another world-famous SWVA rumor,or does it have base?
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ? about Clintwood-Norton

    I kinda doubt it myself, if it were true then I'd like to imagine that we would have heard this way before now.
    "Why so serious?"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ? about Clintwood-Norton

    If it is true,folks will be scalping tickets [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Glory_Days's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2003
    Posts
    963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ? about Clintwood-Norton

    its not true at all.
    "To be the man, you've got to beat the man."

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ? about Clintwood-Norton

    I had not heard that and IMHO I would put it in the rumor pile.

    I do know that they have been preselling tickets to try to avoid bottel necks at the gate before the game.

    I am not sure if there is a fire code limit on outdoor events but both the Vol and GC games were standing room only games I can't imagion that there will be that many more people at this one expecaly if the weather is poor

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ? about Clintwood-Norton

    You were talking about playing the game at UVA-W, do you think Cwood would really do that? Thats taking homefield advantage away from them and pretty much giving it to Norton by playing on the turf. It would be nice though, I would definately go check it out if it was at UVA-W. Unfortunatley, I doubt Ill be getting to go to this one tonight. Thats why I HATE the wife having to work Fri nights, don't really have anybody else to venture all the way to Clintwood with.
    "Why so serious?"

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ? about Clintwood-Norton

    No way there will be 8500 in attendance at a single high school football game around here.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member wave10s's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 4th, 2003
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ? about Clintwood-Norton

    Maybe not at Kelly, but I think it's a good possibility for this one.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ? about Clintwood-Norton

    Agreed. Not in this time period, I wouldn't think. It will be large, no doubts at all about that, but 8500 seems a little overboard.
    Officially retired

  10. #10
    Inactive Member wave10s's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 4th, 2003
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ? about Clintwood-Norton

    Tickets have been for sale all week at a few businesses here in Clintwood. I haven't heard anything about the selling out yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •